Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2015

My Current Read: Unmasked: Volume One (Unmasked #1) By Cassia Leo



Mature Readers Only 18+






I was born into this world unwanted.

I spent the first hours of my life unloved.

I spent the first eighteen years of my life with parents 
who tried to shelter me from the harsh reality of my existence.

But you can't un-write a sad story if the ending is literally written
all over your face.

So I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills.
Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work.

Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life...
forever: a murder that will bring him to me. 

He says he wants to protect me. Through the series of events I can't
fully make sense of, I find myself believing him.

But out nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don't know his
face and he will never know mine. 

I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.





"The Lies we tell ourselves have more power to destroy us than any lie we are ever told by another."
 - Cassia Leo, Unmasked: Volume One






"Our face is what we show to the world. Its how we're recognized. It's how we're remembered. Our face is our identity. When you hide your face, you're hiding your identity, and this makes people very nervous. In our feeble little minds, the only people who hide their faces in public are criminals and clowns."
- Cassia Leo, Unmasked: Volume One 



















No comments:

Post a Comment