Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Newly Released: Darken The Stars by Amy A. Bartol





Kyon Ensin finally has what he's always wanted: possession of Kricket Hollowell, the priestess who foresees the future. Together, their combined power will be unrivaled. Kricket, however, doesn't crave the crown of Ethar - she has an unbreakable desire to live life on her own terms, a life that she desperately wants to share with her love, Trey Allairis. 

As conspiracies rage in the war for Ethar, Kricket's so-called allies want to use her as a spy. Even those held closest cannot be trusted - including Astrid, her sister, and Giffen, a member of a mysterious order with a hidden agenda. But Kricket's resolve will not allow her to be used as anyone's pawn, even as the brotherhood sharpens its plans to cut out her heart.

As the destiny prophesied by her mother approaches, Kricket will backtrack through her hiery future to reshape it. For she knows one thing above all else: the only person she can truly count on is herself.


BUY LINKS:

DARKEN THE STARS #3

UNDER DIFFERENT STARS #1
AMAZON |

SEA OF STARS #2
AMAZON |







If You'd Like A Sneak Peak, A Teaser Below From 
Darken The Stars.

Excerpt: 

Flinching away from the scalding heat, I wrap my arms around Kyon’s nape and turn my trembling lips against his neck trying to find shelter from the hot water. The inky, round circles that mark his throat stare back at me. Kyon holds me tighter to him, murmuring unintelligible words to me in a low voice. Steam rises around us, and for several moments, neither of us moves. The only sound from me is the chattering of my teeth.

Slowly, I warm and relax against Kyon. Water slithers over me in a pelting rhythm.

“Why did you come back?” Kyon asks. His lips are near mine. “When you sent yourself into the future, I waited, but then your heart stopped and I knew—you weren’t coming back. I tried to keep you alive anyway, but I didn’t really think you’d return — ” his tone is thoughtful “ — I know how stubborn you are.”

My eyes drift to his. He’s watching my mouth. The water tastes of a thousand tears on my lips when I speak. “The better question is: Why would you work so hard to bring me back? I’ll kill you before I let you control me. You should’ve just let me go.”

He laughs low. “You’ve already tried to kill me. It didn’t work.”

“So why bring me back?”

“I look at you and I see the loneliest girl in the world.”

My chin ticks up. “I have a stone heart, Kyon. Nothing touches it.” It’s a lie that I need to make true again.

He watches me for a moment. I somehow feel like he knows all there is to know about me. “Maybe it’s your tragic innocence that made me keep you alive. Maybe I want to see it die screaming my name.” He leans his lips closer to mine. My hand grasps his wet hair. I tug on it with enough pressure to get his attention. His eyes shift from my mouth to my eyes.

“You have to earn me.”



I am a graduate of Hillsdale College and live in Michigan with my husband and our two sons. My family is very supportive of my writing. They often bring me the take-out menu so that I can call and order them dinner. They listen patiently when I talk about my characters like they're real. They rarely roll their eye when I tell them I'll only be a second while I finish writing a chapter.. and then they take off their coats. They ask me how the story is going when I surface after living for hours in a world of my own making. They have learned to accept my "writing uniform" consisting of a slightly unflattering pink fleece jacket, t-shirt, and black yoga pants. And they smile at my nerdy bookishness whenever I try to explain urban fantasy to them. In short, they get me, so they are perfect and I am blessed.

Follow/add/subscribe:


No comments:

Post a Comment