Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard








This is a world divided by blood - red or silver.

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. 

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hate the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mares potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance - Red against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart..








"I can't believe I didn't see him for what he was from the beginning: a wolf in sheep's clothing. And now I'm the sheep pretending to be a wolf." 

 -Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen












"I'll make the others scream for you, Mare, every last one. Not just your parents. Not just your siblings, but every single one like you. I'm going to find them, and they will die with you in their thoughts, knowing this is the fate you have brought them. I am king and you could've been me Red Queen. Now you are nothing." 
 - Victoria Aveyard, Red Queen










Click Here To Add




Buy Red Queen HERE
Buy Queen Song HERE
Pre Order Steel Scars HERE
Pre Order Glass Sword HERE




Born into a world where people are divided by blood, your either and Silver with power and live in peace and riches without a care in the world or a Red living in the slums everyday trying to survive on scraps and most times nothing and children are trying to get jobs to provide for their family before the age of 18 or else they are sent to war without choice. 

Mare was a red fighting for her family to live even if she had steal from her own people to get by. Then she met Cal a mysterious man who she tried to steal from but in the end he gave her a job before she turned eighteen.

But then she finds out something about herself that she's not entirely sure of, powers of a Silver... But how, shes a red?... Then the life she knew before will never be the same and she will have to make choice she never thought she'd have to make to survive and help the one's she loves most.

I read this book in 2 days and I couldn't get myself to believe it was over. I'm very glad to see that it's not entirely over but I want to rip my hair out because waiting to see what happens next is excruciating!!!! 

I absolutely loved this book!! All the different powers the author came with for different groups of Silvers was amazingly detailed and I was able to imagine everyone of them. Psh! I found myself wishing I had one of those awesome powers! haha, It reminded me of X-men but different colored blood and a lot of groups had similar powers and not individual powers that were different from one another.

The imagery of how Silvers, Reds, and especially the Rebels looked we described wonderfully I felt like I was a Red about to join Rebels! Which made me love this book even more! 

I recommend this book to anyone who loves books like this and read it right now!! 


Victoria Aveyard, I'm a writer repped by Suzie Townsend at New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc. I split my time between my hometown East Longmeadow, Massachusetts and Los Angeles. After graduating with a BFA in screeenwriting from the University of Southern California, I decided to try my hand at writing a novel. My debut RED QUEEN came out of the terrifying, unemployed year after college.Currently I'm revising the second book in the RED QUEEN series, along with pursuing other projects in literature and film. My proudest achievements are riding a horse in the mountains of Montana and navigating from London to Edinburgh without GPS.

To know more about Victoria check out her pages!


No comments:

Post a Comment