Total Pageviews

Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Bourbon Kings By J.R. Ward: Review!


MATURE READERS 17+







For generations, the Bradford Family has worn the mantle of kings of the bourbon capital of the world. Their sustained wealth has afforded them prestige and privilege - as well as a hard - won division of class on their sprawling estate, Easterly. Upstairs, a dynasty that by all appearances plays by the rules of good fortune and good taste. Downstairs, the staff who work tirelessly to maintain the impeccable Bradford facade, and the never the twain shall meet. 

For Lizzie King, Easterly's head gardener, crossing that divide nearly ruined her life. Falling in love with Tulane "Lane", the prodigal son of the bourbon dynasty, was nothing that she intended or wanted - and their bitter breakup only served to prove her instincts were right. Now, after two years of staying away, Tulane is finally coming home again, and he is bringing the past with him. No one will be left unmarked: not Tulane's beautiful and ruthless wife; not his older brother, whose bitterness and bad blood know no bounds; and especially not the ironfisted Bradford patriarch, a man with for morals, fewer scruples, and many, many terrible secrets. 

As family tensions - professional and intimately private- ignite, easterly and all its inhabitants are thrown into the grips of an irrevocable transformation, and only the cunning will survive.







"I'm Prepared to be a very patient man when it comes to you. I will seduce you for however long it takes - give you space if you need it or follow you tight as sunshine on your shoulder if you'll let me" His eye's locks on hers. " I lost my chance with you once Lizzy king - That's not going to happen again."

-J.r. Ward, The Bourbon Kings


"The new kids that were coming in - even the ones who wanted to get where he was - professed love for the rituals and the fundamentals and claimed to be committed to the process, but were really just corporate minions in khakis rather than suits. They were from a generation of special snowflakes who expected trophies for showing up, and everything to be easy, and for everybody to care about them and safeguard them as their parents would. They had no more depth than their facebook posts. Than their relentless egoism. Than their soulless frivolities."
- J.r. Ward, The Bourbon Kings



NBC Developing J.R. Ward’s The Bourbon Kings as TV Series!


The Bourbon Kings Goodreads

The Bourbon Kings Amazon






 I am lost for words. I'm completely Speechless...
J.r. Ward you have brought me to my knee's begging you please, to release the next book really soon! I have to know more! Everything about this book had me on my toe in complete Wonder! I couldn't put this book down for the life of me, because each page sucked me in more! but I kept telling myself You have to slow down or it will be OVER! Don't do it!

The Bourbon Kings:
Mystery
Murder
Soap Opera Scandal
Wealthy Family Drama
Cheaters
Liars
Hot Sex

Everything all wrapped in one book! You have no idea how excited I am to read the next book!

Description:
The Bourbon Kings is about a wealthy family called the Bradfords, they are known as the kings of the Bourbon Capital selling only the best. On the outside they're family seems like a fairytale to have all the money in the world and can have everything you want at your finger tips. But not everything is as it seems, their is nothing but darkness hidden behind the Easterly Estate's walls. Liars, Cheats, Money to some people worth killing for.

My Thoughts
This book was well written. For me I was confused for a little bit because I'm not use to reading books that after every scene it will either move on with the same character or move on to a different scene and different character(s). In J.r. Wards books their are more then one character telling their story and I love it. Now the love between Lizzy and Tulane was amazing I loved that it wasn't all about them either getting together or not but all about the drama in between that counted and got them where they ended up in the end.

I love Edward (Bradford Brother) in this book and want to learn more about him I want to know about Sutton and Shelby and where their stories end up. His story in this book is heartbreaking. An outcast and isolated he lives a life in pain and ruin not wanting to be seen by anyone but the nightly visits he has when women are brought over. In this book you learn about his past from when he use to excel in the bourbon company to becoming someone who wants nothing to do with it.

Max is someone im very curious about and hope he shows up in the next book!!!

I reccomend this book to EVERYONE I'm being serious.
I've never been wrong when I say this is a good book and that everyone will love it!!




About The Author




J.R. Ward is a #1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of erotic paranormal romance. She lives in the south with her incredibly supportive husband and her beloved golden retriever. After graduating from Law school, she began working in healthcare in Boston and spent many years as Chief of staff of one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation. Writing has always been her passion and her idea of heaven is a whole day of nothing but her computer, her dog and her coffee pot. 
To learn more about JR Ward and her books take a look at her pages! 



No comments:

Post a Comment