Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, November 2, 2015

Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez


Valentina Cruz no longer exists.

One moment, she was wrapped in Emilio’s arms, melting into his kiss. 
The next, she was witnessing the unthinkable: a murder in cold blood, 
ordered by her father and carried out by her boyfriend. 
When Emilio pulled the trigger, Valentina disappeared. 

She made a split-second decision to shed her identity and flee her life of privilege, 
leaving the glittering parties and sultry nightlife of Miami far behind.

She doesn’t know how to explain to herself what she saw. 
All she knows now is that nothing she believed about her family, 
her heart, or Emilio’s love, was real.

She can change her name and deny her past, 
but Valentina can’t run from the truth. 
The lines between right and wrong, and trust and betrayal, 
will be blurred beyond recognition as she untangles the deceptions 
of the two men she once loved and races to find her own truth.





FAVORED QUOTES:



"You know you're going to be stuck in this car for the next few days, right?"
"Yeah."
"And you'd pee in it just for revenge?"
"Maybe," I say.
"I respect that."
"Thanks. Revenge sometimes requires a little sacrifice..."


"If you weren’t so beautiful, I wouldn’t have to be such a perfectionist."


"Friends are an extravagance, just people who agree to lie to each other to make each other feel better."







I was born and raised in Calgary, Canada. As a child I played the violin, read books, and climbed trees incessantly. I went on to study English and music at Brigham Young University, and since then I’ve been an English teacher, a symphony violinist, and a mother. I currently live in Orlando, Florida with my husband and three children.

My young adult novels are Virtuosity, The Space Between Us, The Vow, and Kiss Kill Vanish. I’m represented by Mandy Hubbard of D4EO Literary Agency.



No comments:

Post a Comment