Total Pageviews

Translate

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys #1) by Abbi Glines


MATURE READERS 18+

Ashton is getting tired of being good, 
of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. 

Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, 
but when he leaves town for the summer, 
it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. 

Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, 
Ashton is drawn to him.

Beau loves his cousin like a brother, 
so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. 
Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. 
That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, 
even though he’s been in love with her forever. 
When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, 
Beau knows he should say no.

Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. 
But the more they try to stay away from each other, 
the more intense their urges become. 

It’s getting way too hard to resist....







EXCERPT



I studied the crook of his arm, and the idea of snuggling up against him was extremely tempting. But I didn't think he had that in mind. So instead, I leaned back on the couch, careful not to touch him. His hand didn't come around me and pull me closer. It remained on the back of the couch and I hated that I was disappointed.

"Relax and watch the movie," he said in a soft voice I'd never heard him use before. It made me feel warm and safe.

Beau's arm eventually slid down to settle on my shoulders. Absently he started tracing small circles on my upper arm. It was almost as if little jolts of electricity were zinging through my body. I hoped he couldn't tell my breathing was getting erratic. I closed my eyes and fantasized about how it would feel to run my hands under his T-shirt and touch the soft skin that covered his hard chest. I glanced up at him through my lashes and his attention was completely focused on the movie. He had no idea he was driving me crazy.

I slowly moved closer to him until my head was nestled in the crook of his arm. The smell of Irish Spring soap and the outdoors filled my senses. Sawyer always smelled like cologne. I liked soap. I turned my head just enough so I could smell him better. His arm gently tightened around me. He didn't mean anything by it but it felt so very good. I turned my body toward his side and closed my eyes. My imagination took over and I wondered what it would feel like if he didn't have this bothersome shirt covering up his chest.

"Ash." Beau's voice entered my fantasy.

"Hmm . . ." I managed to respond as my hand touched his abs.

"What're you doing?"




Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, and Existence series. She has a new YA series coming out in the fall of 2015 titled The Field Party Series . She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted before she goes in it. She drinks afternoon tea because she wants to be British but alas she was born in Alabama. When asked how many books she has written she has to stop and count on her fingers. When she’s not locked away writing, she is reading, shopping (major shoe and purse addiction), sneaking off to the movies alone, and listening to the drama in her teenagers lives while making mental notes on the good stuff to use later. Don’t judge.

You can connect with Abbi online in several different ways. She uses social media to procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment