Total Pageviews

Translate

Friday, December 4, 2015

REVIEW: Made You Up by Francesca Zappia




Before I even started reading Made You Up, it sounded interesting to me and I knew I had to read it. My initial emotional response to the work of the book was pure amazement, I loved how it was written in a way that made every aspect of it relative and that you felt emotionally connected to it by the second chapter. 

The transformation of the prologue and the first two chapters is a little confusing because the details of the memory are very vague and you kind of really have to think about the characteristics of Miles since the prologue is a memory and the details are harder to understand. 

As you go on through the book, the characters become more real each chapter and I truly became emotionally attached to all of these characters especially Alex and Miles because I could relate to both of them during different situations. I’ve never really read a book about a person with a mental illness so this was definitely a book out of my territory and comfort zone, but i’m so glad I did because I loved every second of it. Alex interested me so much that I realized that the only thing that I don’t relate to with her is her mental illness.


This book made me very happy when I was reading it because I loved that Miles and Alex were so infatuated with each other, but they both expressed their feelings so immensely differently. Miles was obviously more standoffish and concealing of his feelings while Alex secretly wanted to experience everything there was to experience about being in love.


Although I can relate very well with Alex, Miles interested me the most. I’ve read a lot of books where the main character who is a guy, is very stereotypical and cliche, but Miles is no where near a stereotype or cliche. He’s definitely not likable or popular and he doesn’t care that he isn’t, because that’s the way he likes it. His home life is very violent and dangerous, but Miles isn’t violent or dangerous due to it. But he does odd jobs for fellow students because he wants to help his mom get out of the hospital as fast as he can, so that’s why he does these crazy things for people. He doesn’t do it to get attention or get people to like him, he does it for his mom.


I recommend this story to everyone! It’s mysterious and completely jaw dropping. Make sure to have a roll of tissues because this will not only have your head spinning but will have you crying in complete shock, but no matter you will love this book and hope you get now!

RELATED LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment