Total Pageviews

Translate

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blog Tour: Never Stop Falling by Ashley Drew




Never Stop Falling by Ashley Drew
Publication date: March 1st 2016
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance


She didn’t expect to fall for her best friend.

He was always waiting to catch her.

Corinne Bennett lives in the moment.

Whether she’s skydiving out of an airplane, or setting off on the road to anywhere, she’s ready to dive into the next adventure. That is, if best friend and always-by-the-book Nicholas Kelley doesn’t put his foot down on her wild stunts first.

When Corinne gives in to her growing feelings for Nicholas the summer before their freshman year of college, she takes the ultimate risk, making this one adventure he has longed to explore with her.

But the moment they take that irrevocable leap, a shocking revelation blindsides Corinne, exposing her vulnerabilities, baring her fears, and shattering her beliefs about love. With their future—and most importantly, their friendship—now clouded in doubt, she must decide if love is really worth the risk.

Because when it comes to love, you never stop falling.

Purchase:



We reach the Bixby Creek Bridge and pull off to the side of the road. Except for another car and a couple taking pictures out on the lookout point, there isn’t anyone else in sight.

As I get out of the Jeep and round the back to gather my camera and equipment, Cori walks to the edge of the cliff to take in the view. She stretches her arms above her head and then bends down, feet shoulder-width apart, stretching her legs as she twists her body toward each one. Although I try not to look, I can’t help but notice those legs of hers. Perfectly long. Perfectly toned. Simply fucking perfect.

Son of a mother. Why did she have to wear those jean shorts today? Sweatpants and a sweatshirt would have been good, covering every trace of her skin, but who am I kidding? She’d look just as gorgeous wearing that, and I’d still be caught in this struggle.

I heave a sigh, and that’s when I notice the man checking Cori out while his wife or girlfriend or whoever she is has her back turned. He doesn’t even try to be subtle about it. A smug smile appears on his face, and it takes everything in me not to walk up to this asshole and sock that smile right off of it.

Okay, sue me. Maybe I’m being a hypocrite, that I’m no better than this guy because I’m practically doing the same thing—admiring Cori in a way that neither of us should. The difference between us? He probably sees her as nothing but an image for his fantasy bank, locking it away for a rainy day, or when his girl won’t put out. The thought alone makes me sick. He doesn’t appreciate Cori the way that I do, in all her beauty, inside and out. She is more than some pervert’s fantasy.

“Great view, isn’t it?” I shout, staring him down from behind the Jeep and relying on my willpower to keep me from pummeling his ass. My question catches him off guard, his face turning beet red. He quickly diverts his eyes, probably hoping the woman hadn’t noticed his silent indiscretion.

“Hell yeah it is! This view is amazing,” Cori answers as she spins around, beaming from ear to ear, completely unaware of the situation.

The guy kicks at the rocks and dirt beneath his feet, probably embarrassed that he got caught, and returns to his girl’s side, placing an arm around her shoulders as they head back to their car. Good fucking riddance.

I switch my gaze back to Cori who is in awe of the gorgeous scenery before her, and I can’t blame her. Mother Nature certainly didn’t disappoint today, brushing prismatic perfection across her canvas: the crisp blue of the ocean, the sunlight cascading down the sky, the deep greens nestled along the cliff tops.

“Nick, hurry up and come look at this!” she beckons. She twists in her stance to get my attention. “It’s incredible.”

The ocean breeze tosses her hair, and she uses her fingers to pull away the strands from her face, revealing the blissful and radiant smile they try to hide. And I must say, that smile of hers definitely gives the sun a run for its money, regardless of how brilliantly it shines. She’s loving everything about this view.

And so am I.


AUTHOR BIO:


A San Francisco Bay Area native, Ashley Drew currently lives in Los Angeles.

When she’s not going cross-eyed after writing for five hours straight, or burying her nose in a book, you’ll find her sprawled on her couch watching General Hospital, having alien conspiracy discussions with her husband over a bottle of bubbly, and dancing to Taylor Swift’s 1989 album with her daughter.


Author links:

http://ashleydrewwrites.com/
https://twitter.com/@ashleydrew88_
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14833875.Ashley_Drew
https://www.facebook.com/Ashley-Drew-118212981889995/


No comments:

Post a Comment