Total Pageviews

Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Blog Tour: Between The Pages by Amanda Richardson




Between the Pages Synopsis:

At twenty-six years old, Finley Matthews is done writing for other people as a ghostwriter.* She's tired of seeing her work with someone else's name slapped on the cover. She wants to make a name for herself, even if it means starting from scratch.

But when she runs into the mysterious novelist Emerson Whittaker twice in twelve hours, and he convinces her to take on one final ghostwriting project in return for good money and a promising meeting with his literary agency upon completion of the project, she accepts whole-heartedly. This could be her way into the daunting literary world. Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

Soon, Finley finds herself captivated by the enigmatic and attractive Emerson. And there's something about Finley that Emerson can't ignore, either. They soon find themselves helping and needing each other in more ways than one, and eventually, they fall in love between the pages of Emerson's book.

As the months continue, Finley works with Emerson to get his story on paper. She begins to uncover things about him she wishes she never knew; piecing together Emerson’s past, one chapter at a time—a past with a secret even she can't ignore.

A passionate tale of friendship, romance, and betrayal, Between the Pages will immerse readers in the provocative world of Finley and Emerson from the very first page.

Buy Links:




I set my beer down and cross my arms. “Do you have a problem with the idea of me dating Isaac?”
He sighs heavily, running a hand through his hair. He avoids looking at me. “Yes,” he whispers, and his poignant answer makes me inhale sharply.
Why?” I ask daringly.
At this, he stands up taller and looks at me with what looks like desperation. In that moment, he’s totally exposed—he’s laying everything out for me. And do you know what I see? A man who has nothing left to lose. Over the last seven weeks, there have been a few suspect scenarios, but here, now . . . he’s evidently claiming me as his, and he’s not afraid to admit it. His fierce expression says everything.
“I know I shouldn’t tell you who to date, but why did it have to be Isaac?” he asks, his voice burdened. I open my mouth to respond, but he interjects, “I don’t want you to date him.”
He doesn’t want me to date Isaac? “Umm, since when did you get to dictate my personal life?” I ask, my voice tinged with anger.
He sighs and shakes his head. “Jesus, Finley. I’m just trying to protect you. Isaac can be a real bastard to women.”
“And that’s the only reason you don’t want me to date him?” I ask caustically. I watch him as he struggles to respond. As if on cue, the doorbell rings, and Emerson’s eyes pierce mine as I walk past him to answer it. I need to get away from him.
He grabs my arm and pulls me back, turning me around to face him. His eyes are searching mine, searing my heart, and it’s obvious he’s desperately trying to tell me whatever he wishes he could say. The man is a writer. He owns words. Why can’t he speak them? My heavy breathing is the only thing I hear—besides the rush of blood in my ears. The doorbell rings again, and he drops my arms.
“I should answer that,” I say thickly.
Emerson nods. “Fine. Let him in if he’s really what you want.”

Amanda Richardson Bio:

Amanda Richardson is an award-winning travel writer turned indie author living in Los Angeles with her husband and two cats.

When she's not writing or reading (which, let's be honest, accounts for 95% of her free time), she can be found Googling cheap flights to places she's never been, talking to her cats, or obsessing over the British Royal Family.

Fun fact: her first novel is about the Tudors. One day maybe, after a lot of wine, she might find the courage within her to publish it! Find out more here: www.amandarichardsonauthor.com


Links:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment